- Privacy Statement
- Information Collection
- Information Usage
- Information Security
- Cookie Usage
- Mobile Text Messaging
- CalOPPA (California Online Privacy Protection Act)
- COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
- Fair Information Practices
- CAN SPAM Act
- Contact Us
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is described in U.S. privacy law and information security, as information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person, or identify an individual in context. Please read our Policy carefully to get a clear understanding of how we collect, use, protect, or otherwise handle your PII in accordance with our website.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our websites?
When ordering or registering on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our websites, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, subscribe to mobile text messages, or enter information.
We have never nor will we ever sell, trade, or borrow customer information.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to an email, browse our website, subscribe to mobile text messages, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To improve our website in order to better serve you
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To administer a contest, promotion, or other site feature
- To quickly process your transactions
- To send periodic emails regarding your order, or other products and services
- To follow up with you after correspondence.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes, known vulnerabilities, and malware in order to make your visit to our websites as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of employees with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user placing an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
What about legally compelled disclosure of information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so. In other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
What about other websites linked to our website?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by third-party websites linked to our website, nor the information or content contained therein.
Do we use "Cookies"?
- Help remember and process items in the shopping cart
- Understand and save users' preferences for future visits
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences in the future
- We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information securely, on our behalf.
You can choose to have your web browser warn you each time a cookie is received, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. This is done through your browser settings. As each browser is different, look at your browser's Help Menu to learn how to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some features that make your website experience more efficient may not function properly.
Mobile Text Messaging
We use mobile text messaging for our Blakeway Gigapixel 360° fan photo engagements. Our mobile text messages are intended for subscribers over the age of 13 and are delivered via toll free number 800-334-7266. You may receive up to 3 messages per month for text alerts. Message and data rates may apply. This service is available to persons with text-capable phones subscribing to carriers including AT&T, Verizon Wireless, T-Mobile, Sprint, Virgin Mobile USA, Cincinnati Bell, Centennial Wireless, Unicel, U.S. Cellular, and Boost. For help, text HELP to 800-334-7266, email [email protected] or call us at 1-800-334-7266 or 952-941-9797. You may stop your mobile subscription at any time by text messaging STOP to toll free number 800-334-7266.
We utilize Google's services across our websites. Google's advertising requirements are summarized by the Google Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. Please visit Google directly to review these policies.
We have implemented via Google Analytics, Demographics and Interests Reporting. We, along with third-party vendors such as Google, use first party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt-Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
CalOPPA (California Online Privacy Protection Act)
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us at [email protected]
- By logging into your account and editing your account info
- By calling us at 1-800-334-7266 or 952-941-9797.
How does your site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track (DNT), plant cookies, or use advertising when a DNT browser mechanism is in place.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which defines what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We specifically and strictly do not market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws internationally. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Protection Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you by email
- We will notify within 7 business days.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our customers after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in compliance with CAN SPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
At any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, follow the instructions via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Last edited on May 2, 2019.