Panorama >> Lighthouse Panoramas

Lighthouse Panoramas

Products

Sort by: Product
  •  per page
Bass Harbor Head Lighthouse In Bass Harbor, Maine Panorama
SKU: BASS1T
Located at the southwest point of Mt. Desert Island in Maine, this lighthouse was built in 1858 to warn mariners of the bar at Bass Harbor.


Boston Lighthouse On Little Brewster Island In Boston Harbor Massachusetts Panorama
SKU: BL1T
This aerial panoramic photograph of Boston Light was taken by James Blakeway. Boston Light, North America’s first lighthouse, stands on Little Brewster Island in Boston Harbor. The Boston skyline can be seen in the distance. Originally a stone tower built in 1716 and maintained with a tax on shipping, it was blown up by the retreating British during the Revolutionary War. It was rebuilt at a height of seventy-five feet in 1783 and later was raised to eighty-nine feet in 1859. In 1989, Congress voted to keep this lighthouse manned. It remains the only lighthouse in the United States with a permanent keeper.


Cape Hatteras Lighthouse North Carolina Panorama
SKU: CHL1T
Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, one of America's most visited lighthouses, was built in 1870 and is the tallest lighthouse in the United States at 208 feet. It was built to warn sailors of the shallow sandbars off the cape. The frame buildings near the lighthouse served as quarters to the keepers of the light. The lighthouse was moved one-half mile inland from its original location in 1999, placing it 1600 feet from the ocean, the same distance as when it was originally built. This panoramic photograph was taken by James Blakeway.


Cape Neddick Nubble Lighthouse In York, Maine Panorama
SKU: CPN1T
This panoramic photograph of Cape Neddick Light was taken by James Blakeway. President Rutherford B. Hayes signed the order establishing this light in 1879. The 40-foot cast-iron tower is located in Maine on a rocky island referred to as “the Nubble” off the eastern point of Cape Neddick . The white bucket suspended on a line across the channel was used to transport supplies and is now used to transport maintenance equipment. The lighthouse was automated in 1987. The town of York now manages the surrounding property, having received more than 300 unsolicited offers from people wanting to be live-in caretakers.


Pemaquid Point Lighthouse In Bristol, Maine Panorama
SKU: PEM1T
This panoramic photograph of Pemaquid Point Light was taken by James Blakeway. Commissioned in 1827 by John Quincy Adams, this light is located at the west side entrance to Muscongus Bay in Maine . In 1835, faulty construction necessitated the replacement of the original lighthouse with the 38-foot tower seen in this photograph. This lighthouse sits atop unique striated rock formations formed by glacial ice and waves pounding the area in strong storms. The light, visible on a clear day for 14 miles, was the first in Maine to be automated in 1934. The keeper’s house now houses the Fisherman’s Museum operated by the town of Bristol.


Portland Headlight In Cape Elizabeth, Maine Panorama
SKU: PH1T
This panoramic photograph of Portland Head Light was taken by James Blakeway. John Hancock first authorized construction of this 80-foot light in 1784. Delayed by insufficient funds, construction didn’t begin until 1790. On January 10, 1791, George Washington appointed its first keeper. Portland Head was Maine ’s first lighthouse and marks the state’s busiest harbor, boasting historic significance and beauty, which make it possibly the most visited lighthouse in America. Worthy of note, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, the celebrated American poet, found the peaceful beauty of the lighthouse well suited to writing poetry, choosing to write here often.


Split Rock Lighthouse In Two Harbors, Minnesota Panorama
SKU: SR1T
Split Rock Lighthouse is located in northern Minnesota on the shore of Lake Superior. Completed in 1910, it was built after a single storm in November of 1905 damaged 29 ships.


Split Rock Lighthouse In Two Harbors, Minnesota Panorama 100Th Year Anniversary
SKU: SR2T
This panorama was taken by Christopher Gjevre on July 31, 2010, celebrating the 100th anniversary of the first lighting of this famous Lake Superior beacon.


  •  per page